Monday, June 8, 2009

Letter to Brett: "Just Like Old Times"

Dear Brett,
1,000+ miles in under 68 hours? Was this your idea? I've gotta say, this sure seems like an idea you would hatch and then entice us into following along like... lemmings off the cliff edge? "Dude, I've got the best idea," you'd chortle. "Work up some calluses on your nether regions, and let's do this! Just like old times."

Ok, I'm in. I called the boys -- Jim, Scott, Jay. I proposed this preposterous idea, wondering what it would take to lure 'em in, just like you would have done. I said, "This will be cool. A chance to get together, get a little riding in, racing even; just like old times?!" They hemmed and hawed. Ok, time to pull out all the stops. "Brett wouldn't have let you say 'no' to this; hell, he wouldn't have even let you vacillate, old man." Done. Brettster, it was a beautiful and wondrous thing, they fell like dominoes.

So, I guess we're going to do this -- come too far, no turning back, so you say. Well, we're going to make you proud, dear friend. We're going to laugh and sweat and scream and reflect. We're going to pedal with your crazy contagious adventurous kind and gentle spirit pushing us along -- just like old times.

May the wind be always at your back and the rubber side down.

Love,
Scott F.




1 comment:

  1. I'm glad we've established in print exactly who is to blame for this next week.

    ReplyDelete