Thursday, May 21, 2009

Brett Stories: Planes, Trains and Automobiles

As 27 year old graduate student with family, I was always known affectionately on the team as the “old man”. In addition, I was usually one of the only ones that could afford the $27 per night for the Motel 6 (which beat sleeping in the car), which always led to plenty of freeloaders in the room. It was during one such event that Sharon, Tyler and I shared a small, two-bed hotel room with Brett. It was late when we arrived. No stores were open, so we went to the vending machine for a soda to quiet our young son. Understanding that all dark sodas contain caffeine, we decided upon Mountain Dew! After unknowingly pumping our 18 month old full of sugar and caffeine Sharon spent the next several hours peeling Tyler off the ceiling and walls. Needing my beauty rest, I decided to remove myself from the Tasmanian devil bed and climbed into bed next to Brett. As you all know, competitive cyclists are a little twisted and shave their legs. After falling asleep, Brett’s subconscious was telling him he was next to Sarah and my subconscious was telling me I was next to Sharon. While cyclists do shave their legs, they don’t shave their faces. Upon briefly regaining consciousness, the dialog went something like this.

Scott: "Brett."
Brett: "Hmmm."
Scott: "Why did you kiss my ear?"
Brett: "Why are you holding my hand?"
Scott: "Where's your other hand?"
Brett: "Between two pillows."
Scott: "Those aren't pillows!"
Both: "AAAHHHHHHHHHHHH! (much shivering and grimacing by both)"
Scott: "See that Giro d’Italia last week?"
Brett: "Yeah, heckuva a race, heckuva race. Team Motorla gotta great team this year."

No comments:

Post a Comment