Thursday, May 14, 2009

Cruisin' the Conejo

33 more training days until race day! On Saturday, I completed the Cruisin' the Conejo Century, a challenging full century that starts in Thousand Oaks, winds through the Santa Monica Mountains decends into the Oxnard plain and finally snakes through scorching Simi Valley and back to Thousand Oaks. The ride measures 102.8 miles and a full 6000 ft of climbing. I met my time goals and felt very good at the finish. A good indication of current training progress.

This week I am planning a couple of "two-a-days" with a 50 mile morning ride and then either a group ride or join the weekly criterium training ride in the afternoon.

I drove through the desert coming back from Mammoth this past weekend in the 90 degree heat. I rolled down the window and tried to imagine what it will be like to be pedaling in the heat for long stretches. Those drawing the night shifts will definitely appreciate the cool desert nights.

No comments:

Post a Comment